Monday, July 27, 2009

Fun at the Science Center

Well, to get you updated... Our family is spending the summer in Anaheim, CA. Lance is here working on an International Training Center and they were great enough to house and feed us all for the summer. We arrived on June 29 for the semi-annual training which was on "The Gospel of God" and was awesome. After the training we took a two day trip to Thousand Oaks, CA to visit some great friends from Phoenix and went to Ventura Beach. We then arrived in Anaheim to begin working. We stayed for a week and then back to Phoenix to meet up with my family for five days. After dropping them off at the aiport we drove back out to CA. We are planning on leaving August 6. Lance is working from 8-5 Mon thru Fri. The kids and I school in the morning, meet him at 12 for lunch, then we go "out" until 5pm dinner. For the first week we went to the library every afternoon for four hours. We did not have a card, so the kids just read while we were there. They love going to the library. I then discovered a summer pass to the Science Museum in Santa Ana which we just love. Now we alternate between the library and the museum. I still need to take them back to the beach and we discovered the metro train this past weekend. I also promised them a ride on that. We may combine the two if its not too costly.
Anyway, here are some pics from the Science Center. I took them all in the first day so I don't have to think about taking pictures everytime we go. I like to sit in one area and read while the younger ones play and the older ones explore the museum. You can click on the picture to see them all.

Sorry if this is patchy. I am trying to get it done before something else comes up and the kids are alternating coming in and out asking me random questions that could totally wait until I am not typing! Like, "Where are the Q-Tips?" "Can I paint?" "I just need to go in my room to get one thing." "Launa is in here stepping on my papers again." "Do you remember....?"
OK, a little silence. A little detail on the science center, little being the key word...They have a robots exhibit, Smoky Bear exhibit, Hockey Exhibit plus all the regulars. We spend a day on a different section until we cover it all. Then we dwaddle in our favorites.

3 comments:

The Todds said...

Sounds and looks like fun!

Tiffany said...

I so enjoy your posts! And I can only imagine how little "quiet time" you get with four kiddos - I know how little I get with only two!

Science Center looks like much fun! Keep the posts coming!

Kelly in NC said...

only one more day...you must be sad and ready to go home all at the same time!